Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Family Pictures for the Classroom

This is a letter that I give to the parents at Open House. I ask that each child bring in a framed family picture. We keep these in the room all year long. I love it and the kids love it! It makes our classroom very homey! At the beginning of the year, if my kiddos are having a hard time being away from home, then I let them get their family picture and keep at their desk while they work. It has really helped. Of course, after the first week of school....no one really needs them anymore. They are just a nice addition to our classroom!

Family Picture Letter

1 comment:

  1. Aww...that is such a sweet idea. (especially for Kinders) I did that one time with a boy that was feeling really insecure about his dad...missing him, etc. I let him bring a picture of his dad to school and keep it on his desk- that helped a lot.
    Jennifer
    http://firstgradeblueskies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete