Friday, July 15, 2011

Add a "pin it" button to each blog post!

First, you might be asking....What is Pinterest?

Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.
It is quickly becoming an educator's favorite tool!!

Now, you might be asking...How do I get on?
Pinterest is currently invite-only. You can request an invite from us or you can be invited by someone who is already a part of Pinterest.When you receive an invite, you can register via Facebook Connect or connect through Twitter.
I can send you an invite....if you follow my blog and leave me your email address in your comment!

Once you are signed up! Your home screen will look like this

Now, you want to go under the "About" tab (upper right corner) and click on help.

On the left click on "Goodies" and here you will find how to add the "pin it" button to your bookmark bar, Pinterest for iPhone, how to install a "follow me on pinterest" button to your site or your blog, and finally add a "pin it" button to each and every blog post!

Whew...hang with me...we are getting there! NOW, you want to copy the code in that box.

Ok, now to the blog part!
1.Go to your blog's dashboard and then click on the "settings" tab
2. Click on Formatting
3.Scroll all of the way down to "post template"


4.Now, paste the code from Pinterest in this box. Save Settings.

This will put the "pin it" button in each and every one of your posts! When you go to make a new blog post...that code will automatically appear. I just put my cursor at the beginning of the code and hit enter a few times to move it downward. You can then begin entering your post.

Now, your followers can pin things that they like directly to their pin boards!

Ok, how was that!? Do I need to add more screen shots?












Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Please send me an invite.

    http://k5teachermeade.blogspot.com/

    geritameade@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you please send again. I haven't recieved the invite. Something must have gone wrong. Sorry.

    geritameade@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just joined this week and it is amazing. What are we going to do once school starts?
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you thank you thank you!!! I have added my button!!!!! I also blogged about your post with a link to your page. Thanks a million. Check me out, if you haven't already. I just started blogging this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I just figured out how to add the "Follow Me on Pinterest" button as well as the "Pin It" button at the end of each blog. I edited my post with directions to add the "Follow Me" button to side bar. I copied some of your wording, but gave you credit. Hope that's ok. Im so excited to discover this! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Thank you soooo much for posting this! I'm glad you saved me hours upon hours trying to figure this out!
    Peace, Mel D
    Oh the Places We’ll Go

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much! I just tried both of these things! Kim @ SaylorsLog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey again. I saw in my google reader that you posted a Pin It part 2, but then I couldnt find the post. Any luck figuring out how the pin it button is suppose to work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks super duper!! I'm now a follower and I put you on my K Sqworl list!!
    Julie
    Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo cool!! Could you please send me an invite to join? My email is Ksuwa@Hawaii.edu Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANK YOU, thank you, thank you!! after many attempts to "google" adding a pin it button to every post... Yours is the first one that explained it in such a way that my limited expertise mind could understand!! Now I have a pin it button on my posts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for this valuable info!!!

    ReplyDelete