Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet The Teacher Monday!

Blog Hoppin is hosting Teacher Week all week. There is a different theme each day! Make sure you hop over and check it out!
Blog Hoppin

Tell us a little something about you...

I'm Tammy and I blog at Live Love Laugh Everyday In Kindergarten. I am fairly new to blogging. I just started this Summer. I love it! Although, for the last few weeks, I have found it difficult to even open my laptop once I get home. I am sure all of you can relate!! I am ready to be "back in the groove!"

I am married to a fabulous man that has the patience of a saint (you will see why in a second). We have 4 daughters (see, I told ya!) Our oldest, Paige, is going to college. She would like to become a nurse. Next up is our freshman in high school, Payton. Parker is a 7th grader and Pacie is a 2nd grader. They are all very active. We stay pretty busy going to soccer, volleyball, basketball, gymnastics, track, swimming and softball! Whew! I love every minute of it and wouldn't change a thing!

How long have you been teaching?
This is my 15th year teaching. I taught Early Childhood Special Education in Nebraska and Georgia for 8 years. I am currently teaching Kindergarten in Nebraska. I love it! I have so much fun and look forward to each day!

What are you looking most forward to this school year?

Although this time of year is EXHAUSTING..how many other professions get the opportunity for a fresh start each year. I love getting to know my new Kinders and their families. I have some families that I am on sibling number 3! This year I moved into a new room. A room with a door AND a sink!! How cool is that? I have been in "pod" where 3 Kindergarten rooms are connected with no doors. We made it work. Anyway, I am looking forward to having a door!

What do you need to improve?

I always say that I would like to improve a few things each year. Well, this year I am saying that I need to improve my ORGANIZATION skills. I think that if i can get that in check, then improvements will be seen all over the place. I am feeling like I am trying to catch up right now! I wasn't able to move into my new room until 2 days right before Open House! STREEEEESSSSFFFFUUUUULLLLLL!!! Wowza!

What teaching supplies can you *not* live without?

Ohhhhh so many things!! Definitely thinking techie here...my laptop and my ipod! On more of a personal level...Diet Dr Pepper! I can NOT begin a day without it. It is like my coffee! It keeps me happy and alert for those little Kinders!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading more about you! I teach in a pod with 5 other teachers. They built walls between us many years ago. I like it because we all teach K and 1 and they are amazing teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy

    I had never really thought about the idea of how many other professions get a fresh start each year. I love that. Thanks for sharing more about yourself.

    candydishtreats.blogspot.com
    primaryprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete