Saturday, December 10, 2011

Literacy Work Station Management







I just finished my Literacy Work Stations Management Packet...thanks to Denyse at Scrappin Doodles! Do you ever feel like you are doing 10 things sort of ok in your classroom? Well, that is the kind of year that I am having. Well, I have decided to focus on just a couple of things and doing them WELL! Once I get those established, then I will move on to something else. The two things that I have decided to focus on our my Literacy Work Stations and my Math Work Stations. Yep, I know...2 really big things! However, I feel like these are the best ways for my Kinders to practice the skills that we are learning each day. I thought the best way to do this was to just start over (nope, I am really not crazy!) My problem was that I had too many "specific" centers. I had purchased some management systems from teacher supply stores. I was trying to make the things that I had fit into those stations. When in reality, most of the things that I was making fit...would and COULD go into other stations. I was having a hard time keeping up.

My first step was to contact Denyse at Scrappin Doodles. She already had some super cute writing and reading kids graphics. I am sure that some of you share my OCDness when it comes to clip art. I just can't mix. It is silly...I KNOW! I JUST CAN'T DO IT! So, I asked her to create some specific graphics for me...and SHE DID! Not only did she create a centers set for me, but I contacted her as soon as she posted it and asked her for one more specific one. She personally emailed it to me within hours! THANK YOU DENYSE! You can click on the button in the right side bar, to go directly to the Scrappin Doodles site.

I reread "Literacy Work Stations, Making Centers Work," by Debbie Diller. It was what I needed to get reenergized! I highly suggest reading it, if you haven't already! I started moving my room (nope, STILL not crazy) and getting things ready. When we come back from Winter break, we will be ready to start LWS again and this time do it right!

Anyway, I hope you will follow me on my LWS and MS journey! You can see my packet here

Live Love Laugh Everyday In Kindergarten TN Store

Live Love Laugh Everyday In Kindergarten TPT Store

4 comments:

  1. These look great! Great job!

    Gladys
    http://teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea.
    Dawn
    http://literacymathideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am brand new to the blogging word and would love for you to check out my site! I also LOVE literature based activities.

    http://sharingkindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I teach 1st grade and have a few stations that are in addition to or slightly different from yours. Would there be any way to get cards for those? My differences are that my science and social studies stations are one station (Science & Social Studies), my pocket chart station also includes file folder games, and I have a separate word study station and ABC/Word Building station. If it would be possible to get those four cards, then I'd love to buy your set. If not...I guess I'm keeping my ugly clipart.

    ReplyDelete