Monday, January 23, 2012

Tacky Penguin Craftivity

Cannonballllllllllll!!! Who doesn't love Tacky!? Well, I know that I do and I think that I could possibly have a bit of "Tacky" in me...and darn proud of it sister! Helen Lester has created an entire series on this adorable penguin!
You can purchase all of these books by clicking on the Amazon link in my sidebar! Here is a FREE craftivity for you...including directions....INCLUDING PATTERNS!! Woot Woot!! Here are the patterns. I would print these on cardstock. Tacky Patterns These are how I had the patterns traced. They fit on 9 X 12 construction paper.
Before I had them cut anything, I had them design their shirt, the tie, and the eyes. Ok, before you comment...yes, my Tacky looks like the one in the book. I always make mine along with the kids. If I make I don't make it like the character in the book, then I will have 20 penguins that look just like mine. I don't tell them that they CAN'T make it just like the character, but I really do encourage them to make theirs unique.
Nooooow, they can cut those pieces out! I had them cut out the body and the wings next. Have them glue on the shirt.
Next, I had them add the wings, the tie, and the eyes.
Last, have them glue on the feet and the beak. For the beak, I had them fold it in half and only put glue on the bottom half! And VOILA!! There's your Tacky!! Ok, ok, ok...I tried to rotate this final picture umpteen-million times and NOTHING! All of the other pictures rotated just fine, but nooooot this one! SORRY! You just need to tilt your head! LOL
WOW! Long post! I would love for you to share this on your blog or FB page :-) Thanks!!

25 comments:

  1. Very cute! We love the Tacky books as well and I've been looking for someone who included the patterns. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to use your patterns! Thanks for sharing!
    Tessa
    Spotlight on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! LOVE them! They came out sooooo cute!
    Thanks for sharing your patterns!

    ❤Mrs. McKown
    Little Literacy Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you soooo much!! I am reading all of the different versions of Tacky this week. This is super.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited that I blog checked during my planning! We read Tacky this morning and we were going to "make" him this afternoon. I was about to make patterns and now I don't have to! I'll let you know how they turn out :)
    Vickie
    http://plantspress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE the Tacky books and the penguin craft is so cute!!! I have no doubt the kiddoes love it! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Brian
    http://hopkinshoppinblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    My name is Heather and I work for Worth Ave. Group. We’re currently holding a contest for K-12 teachers to win grants for their schools, and iPads or iPods for their classrooms. If you’re interested in participating or nominating a teacher, feel free to email me or visit the link I’ve posted below.
    Have a great day!
    http://www.worthavegroup.com/giveaway/
    voteforteachers@worthavegroup.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are making these tomorrow! I also wanted to tell you that there is another Tacky book called "Tacky in Trouble".

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just posted about our Tacky craft..hope you can check it out and thanks again for the patterns!
    Vickie
    Mrs. Plant's Press

    ReplyDelete
  10. My 5 year old loves Tacky! He especially loves Godly and Lovely for some reason!

    I'm tagging you! Come by my blog to see what it's all about!

    http://herdingkats.blogspot.com/2012/01/winners-and-tagged.html

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! Just came across your blog from Chalk Talk...I am now following your very "pretty in pink" blog!

    Hope you visit mine as well!
    Michelle
    The 3AM Teacher
    http://the3amteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Making this today! The patterns were so easy! Thanks :) Tacky will look great on the bulletin board with our graphic organizer!

    Sharon Bohn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Making this today! The patterns were so easy! Thanks :) Tacky will look great on the bulletin board with our graphic organizer!

    Sharon Bohn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this activity! I am doing penguins right now. I cannot download through Scribd however - is there a trick (other than spending the money to join) or another way to get this?
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can not download the tacky. I was totally looking forward to using this with my penguin unit

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! I'm unable to download the patterns. Are they still available?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am with the last few comments. Is there any way to get the patterns? I can't get them through Scribd….

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was able to right click on each of the pages shown (in the scribed preview) and select "Open in a new window" Then use control+P to print and it worked great! Thanks for these, they are super cute!

    ReplyDelete