Friday, May 25, 2012

Extreme Make Over Classroom Edition {NEW STUFF!}

It is my first day of Summer vacation TODAY!! My report cards are done. My room is packed up. Woo Hoo!! I love Summer! I also received my Really Good Stuff yesterday too! I LOVE IT!! I will be starting Daily 5 next year. So, I will be hit the ground running with my new STUFF!! I LOVE STUFF! lol!

This is what I bought!!

I will use these for their book boxes, "Read To Self."  They will fit in their cubbies. I am sorry I can take pictures of where they will be just yet since my whole room is shoved in there! :-) 
I bought these for "Listen To Reading." I will hang some hooks on the wall and this will be more of a take and listen. I will put individual cd players in each one.
Here are my new library book baskets! I need to buy some shelves for these! Any ideas? I love the label holders that it comes with, but not crazy about the labels. Sooooo, I am working on labels that will fit the holders!! Much cuter!!
Ok, here are my thoughts on these...I want to use these for "Work On Writing." They can keep all of their writing materials in here. I will make each student a writing folder! 
This is what I will store word work activities in! I have a wall of cubbies (don't hate me lol) that are 12 across and 4 down. These fit in them perfectly!!
I also bought matching pencil/marker baskets :-) 


Here are my new table baskets. I have had desks...which I have loved, but think that I am ready switch back to tables. I hope I can find neon seat sacks! :-)
Well, that's all of my purchases for now!! :-) I have a FREEBIE for you! I made a new "WELCOME" sign for my classroom.You can click on the title page to get your FREE banner!
I have already shared this with a few friends. One of my good bloggin' buddies, Caitlin over at Kindergarten Smiles already made hers!! :-) She was so sweet to send me a picture! She cute out each pennant and backed it with black cardstock, laminated it, hole punched the corners, and tied to together with super cute ribbon!
 She always has cute ideas and lots of pictures! If you don't follow her already, then head on over....tell her I sent you :-)

30 comments:

  1. Love all of it!! So jealous of all you new purchases!! I love that color scheme, it is so fun:)) Today is my first day of summer vacation as well, have a great one!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute welcome sign!!!

    Have you thought about finding the neon green material and then making your own seat sacks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your new containers! It's so much fun to have new stuff. I found your blog through TBA and I am your newest follower. I can't wait to read your past posts! Happy Summer!

    Yeehaw! Teaching in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your sign!! It is super cute! I also love that someone else is already thinking about next year:) Have a Happy Summer!!

    Jennifer
    The First Grade Dream

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing the banner! Hobby Lobby has some nice neon bags that might work for what you are looking for:http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=193732

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your new stuff looks great! I'm starting to look around for inspiration in anticipation of my first year teaching :) I hope you have a great summer!

    Carly
    www.teachnsweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love the welcome banner! Is there any chance you would be able to make it in primary colors??? If not, no worries...just thought I would ask! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cha ching! I just got a Really Good Stuff Catalog in the mail!
    Love all the STUFF! You will enjoy Daily 5.
    You might want to try Raz-kids.com for some listening to reading. You can set your children up on their individual reading levels.
    :)
    Tamera
    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those holders for listening center. What I'm doing right now is looking so sloppy. THose are so colorful and bright! :)
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all those baskets! It's just like Christmas when the stuff you order comes in!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a big fan of those bags. Those would be perfect for my take home literacy bags! Thanks for the sign. I'm so excited to make one!!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just bought the exact same book boxes from Really Good Stuff! My firstiest love them and they are working much better than the IKEA ones I previously had used.
    I'm transitioning to Kinder next year and am excited to read more about how Daily 5 is working with others in Kinder. When in the year do you start D5?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Really Good Stuff you bought!!! :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love, love all your new purchases!! Thanks so much for the welcome banner!!

    Caitlin
    Kindergarten Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should contact Designs by Little Squirt, she made me custom seat sacks top quality. http://myworld.ebay.com/little*squirt/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE YOUR STUFF!!! Thank you so much for all the great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, how have I not found your blog before now?! It's adorable and full of great ideas! :) I'm your newest follower. Do you know what size baskets you bought your library baskets in? Small/Med/Large ? Love them!

    Second Grade Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  19. I use many of the same baskets and book pouches in my classroom as well. I LOVE how bright and cheery the neon colors look!

    Maria
    Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! Would love something like this for my room. I only have 11 kiddos, 9 to start off next year, but don't think my classroom budget could afford all this :-(

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for the freebie! Awesome new stuff you have. I've been doing Daily 5 for 2 years; so much fun and interest for the kiddos. I am extemely jealous of your 48 cubby space! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for the banner! It is super cute and will look perfect hanging in my classroom for Open House in August!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm doing the same neon colors for my classroom! Where did you get your baskets? As a new teacher I'd appreciate the help. My email is hilarygrace18@gmail.com... Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful organizational stuff!! I feel that I will be ready for my class next year thanks to your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Finally got a chance to download this welcome banner! Thanks!

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for all the great freebies! You are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the banner! I adore your blog. Thanx for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete