Thursday, June 21, 2012

KD5 Chapter 2 Linky

Well folks here is my Freebie for the week. I really debated about putting it up. I feel bad that some of you have paid for this, but had to take it down because of copyright blah blah blah. I have changed it a tad bit...just for the simple fact if you did pay for it, then you are still getting something for free too.  This set includes: Daily 5 posters, Daily 5 rotation cards, and CAFE posters. I will probably add more to go with this later :-)


TRUST:
They used a new driver analogy here! I can SOOOOO relate. Daughter number 2, who will be 16 in less than a month, but THINKS she is 30...is a new driver! I would love to say that I am the trusting passenger that sits back and enjoys the ride. Ummmm....NO! I swear there is a real brake on the passenger side while she is driving. LOL! Just had to share!

So, I need to ask the same questions posed on page 19...
1. What am I doing now that I could trust the kids to do?
2. In what ways could I trust children where I haven't before?

I will use this sheet to write down my daily routines/schedule and look at what I am doing now! I will then jot some ideas of how I can trust my Kidners to do those things. I can do it, right?! If they took too many snacks...who cares! I do NOT need to be the po-po on everything. You can click on the preview below to download your copy.
 CHOICE:
I love choice! Do you love choice? Who does NOT love choice?! I have such a difficult time reading something that I am told that I have to read. Am I alone here? I put it off until the last minute, I am chatting with my teammates about how ridiculous it is that I am being made to read something 
Children love structure and routine...amen 2 sisters! Some things to think about while reading this chapter...Do I have my schedule/routine posted in the room? Is it posted and then we don't talk about it, or do I go over each day at morning meeting?

COMMUNITY:
Providing members  with ownership to hold others accountable for:
1 Behaviors of effort
2 Learning
3 Order
4 Kindness
Things to think about for me...What does "accountable" mean for my Kinders?! We will need to practice ways that are appropriate and no bossy flossies!

SENSE OF URGENCY:
Ohhhh boy...so guilty of "Because I said so!" Does this make me a bad teacher? I really don't think so. I think that I am really good about "talking about the why," but do I continue to talk about? Do I revisit it when it is natural/makes sense?!
Things to think about for me...come up with "why" for each component of D5. Are there good read alouds to go along with these (HEY! D5 team, add this to your list of things to do...come up with great read alouds that can align with this). You can click on the preview to download this. I know...I know...I KNOW...I have a problem with borders! Heaven forbid I use something that is just plain paper...GASP!?!?
STAMINA:
Hey Gail, I was determined to get back in shape after daughter number...she's 8...still determined though! Tee Hee!! :-) All I need to think about here...bring on the stamina baby! :-)

STAY OUT OF THE WAY: I called this Independence! I am so excited to be able to work with students individually and uninterrupted! Is this possible!? I really believe so! What tricks or visuals do you use when working with small groups or students? I have heard some teachers wear a hat, or a special lamp that is turned on. I would love to hear your cute ideas.

Head on over to Caitlin's blog to link up! 


20 comments:

  1. The Daily 5 stuff sounds great but the link didn't work for me :( I'm in the middle of reading the book at the moment.

    Shanyn
    Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I love about your article is that it is unique and loaded with substance which really captivates me. Some of the blogs today are not very informative and that is why site visitors will not read the full post. But yours was different. I'd like to thank my friend also for referring your blog to me. Hope to see more of this. Keep it up!
    Regards
    Pre School Franchisee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried your link too and it didn't work for me either. :( I really am interested in doing this next year so I am following this blog. Thanks Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't get your link to work. I am very interested in implementing the Daily 5 next year, thanks for your ideas!
    Susan
    sklee@bfacademy.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading the Daily 5 too. I couldn't get your link to work either.
    Jeanne
    kidzkidzkidz8.2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not get the link to work either :(!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The poster set is great:) Thank you so much:) I just finished the Daily 5 and my brain won't stop working on what I want to do...:)
    When does the book study continue for Chapter 3???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) I will post the "things to think about questions" probably tomorrow! The Linky for chapter 3 will go up on Wednesday.

      Delete
  8. The link works, but the file says it's too big for Google to download.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will download. It says that it's too big to scan. You just have to click download anyway.

      Delete
  9. Thanks! It worked :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the wonderful download! I'm doing the book study for 1st grade and my mind is blown away by what the "Two Sisters" have created for literacy instruction!
    ~Kristin Cook
    Kristin Cook’s Classroom Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tammy - I am sooo enjoying this book study and what beautiful posters!! Thank you!!
    jeannie
    Kindergarten Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am passing along the One Lovely Blog award... to YOU! Thank you so much for all of your hard work. You are so inspiring! Come on over to my blog to pick it up!
    Vanessa
    Kindergarten Schmindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have tried to repeatedly download your freebie, but it won't work! Please help.

    Tanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. The key to a successful marketing in youtube
    is the hits a video receives. As the views increase, so does the ivdeos ranking in various search engines. It is important that your video is ranked high to get as much mileage as you may need in promoting your products or services.

    ReplyDelete
  15. EuroKids kindergarten school in india are an extension for your child's quality learning experience that begins with our
    kids play school and Nursery programs and aims at preparing kids for a successful career.

    ReplyDelete
  16. kindergarten school in india are an extension for your child's quality learning experience that begins with our kids play school and Nursery programs and aims at preparing kids for a successful career.pre school education

    ReplyDelete