Sunday, February 9, 2014

Valentine's Day Dollar Store Finds and Freebie

I love February! Well, I love the holidays that we celebrate in February! I don't necessarily love the weather. I don't know about you guys, but I am more than ready for some Spring weather.

Valentine's Day!! What's NOT to love about Valentine's Day?! I stopped at the Dollar Tree and Wal-Mart to try and find some fun things for this month. My kids love write the room. I always try to find some fun glasses, hats, or necklaces that they can wear while writing or reading the room. 

 We use the hearts as pointers! I also use them in small groups. "Point to the word HERE on this page." My Kinders loooove the glasses.

The cute ribbon from the Dollar Tree gives our plain clipboards an easy, non-permanent (my favorite part) face lift. :-) 

I have a little freebie for you. It is a Math station that your kiddos will LOVE. You can download your freebie by clicking on the cover page below.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Cuddle-Bug-Add-The-Room-1078707



I also some fun Write the Room sheets with several February themes. Students go around the room and look for words that begin with certain letters. 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Write-The-Room-February-538325

I am sure you know my friend Annie (The Moffatt Girls). I love her no prep packets!! They are great for morning work, for subs, for homework...my kids love them! I love them because they are so cute and provide my Kinders with meaningful practice! I actually use both of her packets, the Kindergarten and the First Grade. The First Grade one is perfect for my higher students!

You can see what's in these packets by clicking on either of the cover pages below.
http://moffattgirls.blogspot.com/2014/01/valentine-no-prep-packets.html

http://moffattgirls.blogspot.com/2014/01/valentine-no-prep-packets.html



5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your dollar store finds!!!!
    ❀Jodi
    Fun In First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased those heart sticks too, and didn't think about using them as pointers--soo cute! PS. Love the heart glasses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the glasses! I am off to buy a few pairs for my little Moffatt Girls! Thank you for sharing our Valentine packets!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am your newest follower! WOW! Your site is incredible! Thank you for being so inspiring to newbies like me! It motivates me to be a better teacher!

    I just started up my blog and it feels so liberating! I'm also having a giveaway. Any tips on getting followers?
    Thank you and God bless!

    http://www.mykindergartenobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete