Sunday, July 20, 2014

Kindergarten Assessment Notebook

I love my Summers at home! However, this Summer has been...well, not the best or most relaxing Summer. Oyy! My husband had to have surgery (spinal fusion) and he has been home AND in a neck brace for my entire break. Now, don't get me wrong...I love him to the moon and back, but let's just say that when he gets a cold...he's pretty sure that he is sicker than anyone has been....EVER! So, surgery + neckbrace=me losing my mind. To top that off...I have had some health scares myself. We still don't have any real answers yet. I went to the Dr with some chest pain and difficulty breathing...and then BLAMO they are taking me to the ER by ambulance. That was not fun! I go so a cardiologist tomorrow. I am crossing my fingers for some better news. ANYWHO...I haven't been able to do anything strenuous! I have been working on my computer. I have a few things to share with you!

The first thing is my Kindergarten Assessment Notebook! I simply print this cover and put it in a see through binder.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1v6BSwUJI7cbnRfY25iajJrekU/edit?usp=sharing
I have included a beginning of the year letter assessment (upper case, lower case, and beginning sounds)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1v6BSwUJI7cbnRfY25iajJrekU/edit?usp=sharing

 I print one of these for each students. I use a different color of pen for my baseline, mid quarters, and each quarterly assessment. I place the notebook in front of the student. I have their recording sheet in front of me. The assessment sheets and recording sheets have the letters listed in the same order.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1v6BSwUJI7cbnRfY25iajJrekU/edit?usp=sharing

Come back this week for more literacy assessments to add to your notebook! Next week I will add Math assessments.


18 comments:

  1. I have begun to think about setting up my new assessment binder as well! I'm excited to find this. I look forward to seeing what else you put in it! What do you use for beginning sound? The download actually had number recognition. ;-) Thanks for making this free!!
    Amanda
    abagley@westwarwickpublicschools.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!! I plan on putting colors, shapes, beginning sounds, rhyming, syllables, and whatever else I can think of! :-) LOL

      Delete
  2. This is awesome, thank you so much!! One of my goals for this upcoming year is to be more organized, and this is going to be a huge help!! Thanks again!!

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    www.kinderdragons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can certainly understand that your summer has not been very relaxing. I hope your husband's surgery is successful and you have excellent results from the cardiologist. Hopefully it was just stress. My husband had a stroke almost two years ago, and I can tell you that the stress creeps in without you even realizing how overwhelming it is becoming. Sending prayers and positive thoughts for your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! :-)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for this! So much cuter than my boring tests! :) Hope you all are getting to feeling better soon!!

    If you are still struggling for answers after your cardiologist does tests, there is a condition that has those symptoms and is often missed called Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. I only mention it because many people with it go often go through many tests and doctors before being diagnosed and it is often not caught with typical tests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and your hubby and sending my best! Love the assessment sheets! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please take care of yourself and also your family. Try to take it easy! Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful assessment packet. If you have time to answer these questions-is this order you teach letter and sound recognition and do you use a basal series?
    Maryann
    brennemm@carlisleschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!! thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I am looking forward to using this and can't wait to see the additional pages. It is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get some good news from your doctor! Thanks for sharing these assessments. I was just in Nebraska this weekend. My son will be a Husker this fall. Go Big Red!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this! seriously working on keeping my assessment materials organized this year! by the way - love that i found a fellow nebraskan k teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing. Wishing a speedy recovery for your hubs and good news at the doc for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just what I needed! Thank- you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! How often do you assess and what are the other students doing when you assess each child?

    ReplyDelete