Sunday, July 27, 2014

Parent Communication FREEBIE

Good evening blog surfers! It is a Saturday night and I sit on my computer...EXCITING! When did I get old and boring? How did this happen? Is it happening to you too? LOL! 

This week I have been reflecting on my last year and thinking of what I want to do this year. I think that as teachers, we are so lucky...we get a fresh start every year. We change furniture arrangements, add decor, scour pinterest and the blogiverse for ideas! When I think about this year and things that I want to do....I also ask myself what do I want to share with  you? What are my strengths as a teacher? As you know, I am co-founder of Freebielicious with my dear friend Crystal. We work with some pretty talented and amazing ladies. I think that I use something from each of them in my classroom. Back on track Tammy....I think I am good teacher. I love my job and enjoy coming to work each day. If I had to choose one are that I think is a strength of mine...parent communication and building relationships with parents. 

I want to share with you ways I keep the communication going in my classroom. SOCIAL MEDIA people! Wow! We have so many options now. Here are some of the fabulous things that you can do in your classroom. 
I am going to use my classroom blog like a virtual newsletter. I will post on Friday (or weekends) and share what we did throughout the week. 

I had a private Facebook group last year and LOOOOVED it! :-) I use Facebook for reminders, post documents (via google docs) for parents to be able to download at home. Most of what I post here are pictures...even the reminders. 

I haven't used Instagram before, but plan on using it this year. 

This is a FABULOUS app! I am a softball coach and use this to communicate with parents continuously. I can send group messages and parents don't have the option to reply back...so no umpteen million group text replies. :-) 

Next week, I will post about each one of these options individually and have some free resources for you to use too. I hope that you will come back!

I do have a freebie for you today to get you started with great parent communication! A new binder.....
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1v6BSwUJI7cZVBfTFFhb2xja3M/edit?usp=sharing
with lots of cover options.....
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1v6BSwUJI7cZVBfTFFhb2xja3M/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1v6BSwUJI7cZVBfTFFhb2xja3M/edit?usp=sharing
Date: I always mark the date the contact happened. The PI and the TI stand for Parent Initiated and Teacher Initiated. I simply circle the appropriate choice. I check the method and the reason. As for the action, there is a reason for a contact...what am I going to do to follow up? What are the parents going to do? I hope you can use this. 

I am teaming up with my Freebielicious gals and throwing sale! I know that lots of you are getting ready to go back to school. I only have one more week (sob) before I have to report back! My entire store is on sale for 20% off!! Click the image below to go to my store!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Live-Love-Laugh-Kindergarten/Search:Back%20to%20school
For the next two days, I will be putting some of my back to school things on sale for 50%, but it will only be for a limited time! Make sure you follow me on Facebook to find out which items and when...FUN! :-) 

11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this! I love the form- it was just what i was looking for. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, this will be so useful!! :) Can't wait to put mine together!!

    Briana
    Sun, Sand & Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. The parent communication log is perfect. Thanks for sharing. I love how there are check off boxes to fill it out quickly. I also liked the PI and TI.

    Ms. King's Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! It's already printed and in my binders! Thanks!! :)

    Kelley

    www.rockymountainkinders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I never thought of a private Facebook group, great idea.

    Renee
    Fantastic First Grade Froggies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I missing something?! How do I access the freebie?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Click on it and it will download

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so great. We have to keep track of all parent communication and this will really help. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome I had made one similar to this previously but yours is so much cuter and I love the PI TI idea.

    Thanks for the Freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Instead of using facebook, we're not allowed even for a private group per our district rules, we use Edmodo for our classrooms and parents have access. We do have a school facebook page, though.

    ReplyDelete